Tips on how to install a lamp post
Tips for installing a Lamp Post
Please note we always recommend a qualified electrician or trades person is used for Lamp Post installation. Recommendations are subject to modifications due to individual circumstances, such as ground type etc.
English Lamp Posts cannot take any responsibility for improper installation.
Lamp Posts are generally installed using the following process:
1) Firstly dig the nessecary trench from your desired Lamp Post installation area to your power supply. Depending on the height/weight an educated decision should be made as to the depth of base needed to support the lamp post in place. Typically the pad depth is between 1.5-2.5ft, using a root anchor if the ground is of an uncertain quality.
2) Into the trench place your conduit which has already been threaded with electrical cable. Using the excess cable, thread the lamp post and lantern and connect the bulb holder.
3) Ensure the conduit rises out of the concrete pad central to your lamp posts final location (you may want to use a 90 degree conduit elbow) and pour the cement mixture into the base area. Allow the cement sufficient time to completely harden.
4) Once hardened, the Lamp Post should be errected and using a small masonry drill bit the fixing points marked onto the ground. Once marked using the full size masonry drill bit, drill 4 holes into the cement base.
5) It is now time to tap your expanding masonry bolts into place. Remember to do this gently as it is very easy to unthread the nut which allows the bolt to tighten. Once in place the Lamp Post base can be placed back in position over the 4 holes and the bolts tightened. Due to the nature of the bolts they will expand into the concrete base when tightened.
6) Stand back an admire your Lamp Post fully installed.
Please note we always recommend a qualify electrician or trade professional is used to install your lamp post. We cannot take any responsibility for improper installation.